Try something new and go on a golf surfing holiday
You have kitesurfing, windsurfing and.. wave surfing! Golf surfing is something that everyone knows and dreams of from an early age. There is a huge respect for the legends who surf the biggest waves in the world in Portugal and Hawaii. In the kite scene, of course, we know legends such as Robby Naish and Jesse Richman who conquer big waves with their kite and waveboard.
During our kitesurfing holidays we often offer no wind activities such as golf surfing. Also during our downwinders in Brazil most kiters bring their wave surf board. There is nothing better than kissing for miles and controlling waves with your board on the water and your kite as a tool to be on the right wave at the right time. This is called wave-kiting and this is a huge branch within sport kitesurfing. With KiteActive we offer 2 trips that are ideal for learning wave kiting or just endless waves!
To broaden your horizons, stay physically fit and be 1 with mother nature, we can definitely recommend you to give the sport of golf surfing a chance!
A few reasons why goflsurfing might be for you!
- For wave surfing you don't need wind but golf. This is the reason that you can often do cool trips closer to home with a great certainty that you will still get your hours on the water as opposed to kitesurfing where you are always dependent on the wind.
- Furthermore, you need a lot less material, only a board that is suitable for your level, weight, height and you can go on the water!
- You are ACTIVE! Something that we as KiteActive of course love. With wave surfing you train a lot of muscles. You have to paddle hard to be in the right place at the right time. But once you're on the perfect wave, the feeling is magical! You will underestimate it but sometimes it is still quite a challenge to paddle through the surf. But one thing is for sure, you have a wonderfully satisfied feeling to a day active outdoors!
- While you are active, you also relax. Waiting for the perfect wave, it sounds boring but nothing could be more true! It is very nice to wait together for the right wave. You will also completely relax after your active effort and go for the very best wave! If you can do this, the ecstasy will be huge!
- Another advantage is that with wave surfing you already achieve success compared to kitesurfing. After a few hours you can already catch small waves while kitesurfing takes at least 9 hours to make your first meters
- For both sports money that it is much more than just a sport, it is a lifestyle! So you meet cool people, you tailor your agenda to the conditions and you plan your holiday to your favorite surfing destination!
Our friends at SurfaWhile
Are you looking for a Wave kite holiday?
Take a look at our upcoming trips